DC Prep’s network of public charter schools serves over 1,500 students in preschool through 8th grade on five campuses in Wards 5, 7, and 8. All DC Prep schools are tuition-free and open to any student in Washington, DC.
Are you interested in learning more about how to enroll your child, or children, at DC Prep? If so, please read on to learn more about the high expectations that DC Prep has for all members of the community – including students, families, and staff. We hope you will join us.
- Student learning is at the heart of all we do. We have an unapologetic focus on academics with an intense learning environment including a longer school day, frequent homework, and focused academic intervention.
- We believe in the power and joy of learning and that all students can excel.
- We emphasize healthy social development and foster a positive learning environment where students are supported to develop strong study habits and to demonstrate the personal qualities of successful students and good citizens.
- DC Prep effectively teaches social skill development grounded in a focus on challenging academics. DC Prep builds a strong school culture – social skills are consistently taught and reinforced across all grade levels and an unapologetic focus on academics balances joy in learning with urgency and rigor.
- DC Prep fosters shared expectations and aspirations between home and school. Frequent informal and formal communication with families, including regular phone contact, quarterly conferences, etc., build trust and parent/teacher teamwork to achieve the best outcome for every student.
Families give DC Prep the strongest endorsement — ranking us a "great school" year in and year out. You will, too!
Interested in a Typical Day at DC Prep?
DC Prep's Benning Elementary Campus (BEC), a 2014 OSSE "Reward" School, is partnering with DC School Reform Now in its Virtual School Tours initiative designed to give families just like yours the ability to compare high-performing schools virtually. The BEC video series consists of footage showcasing a typical day in the campus community. Get to glimpse into a typical 3rd grade Math lesson in the video below - and stay tuned for other featured videos!