- About DC Prep
- Our Program
- Our Schools
- Get Involved
During Prep EX!, students have the opportunity to work on homework and participate in academic and enrichment activities not available during the school day. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Prep EX! is $180 per month/per child and payments are due by the 1st of the month. Prep EX! families with three or more children will only have to pay for two children.
To enroll your child in Prep EX! during the SY2017-18, please submit the following:
• SY17-18 Application (please list your child's campus in the form)
• Health Certificate with a Health Exam performed in the last 12 months, and TB and Lead test results
• Oral Health Certificate with an Oral Health Exam performed in the last 12 months
• Up-to-date immunization records
• September fee or subsidy
As a general reference, please note:
• The first day of SY17-18 Prep EX! is Monday, August 28th for K-6th grade students; Tuesday, September 5th for PK3 and PK4 students.
• The December and June payments for families receiving a subsidy will be 50% of a family's monthly co-pay.
DC's Child Care Subsidy Program allows families who qualify to obtain a reduction in the cost of Prep EX! through the District of Columbia government. Please reference the Child Care Subsidy Sliding Scale to find out if you are eligible. An application for the Child Care Subsidy Program is available here.
DC Prep's Prep EX! team will continue to accept child care subsidies. However, we are unable to determine eligibility on campus. All families who wish to obtain a subsidy may visit the Department of Human Services Child Care Division, located at 4001 South Capitol Street SW. The office offers “walk-in” visits for new applicants Monday through Wednesday from 8:15AM-3:30PM. All other applicants should schedule an appointment by calling 202-717-0284.
As a general reference for working family eligibility, please reference our working family checklist.
If you have questions about Prep EX!, including the Child Care Subsidy Program, please contact the following SY2016-17 program leaders:
Director of Extended Learning
202.635.4590 ext. 224
Prep EX! Program Leader, Edgewood Campuses
Prep EX! Program Leader, Benning Campuses
Prep EX! Program Leader, Anacostia Elementary Campus